We are closing in on Thanksgiving, I hope together we have learned to become more thankful. Today I would like to offer you some ideas to take with you in life, to express gratitude. It is simply to easy to go through the motions of life without taking the time to savor the good things, setting aside the bad times, and truly being thankful in the midst of life’s chaos. I wanted to challenge all of us in becoming thankful, I hope together we can take these ideas and move forward with some awesome tools to do just that! Here are my favorite concepts:
- Thank yourself: taking the time to appreciate your own actions… did you give yourself enough rest this week? Have you been successful with your clean eating? Tell yourself thank you!
- Use technology: we live in a world where most people have access to social media in some form… use it to say thank you at least three times a week! Need to express your appreciation? Send a text! Want to send some good vibes?? Send an e-card!
- Savor the good times: finding yourself happy? Pause. Feel the moment, take a look around and watch what is happening around you. Who are you with? Why are you so happy? Next time you need to channel some gratitude…you can think of these times and feel it all over again!
- Make a list: I do this one often! Make a list or draw a fun little jumble of pictures of the things you’re thankful for… make it yours and use some creativity! Pin this on your fridge, office space, or a cork board… next time you’re feeling down, take the time to read this and gain some joyous perspective.
- Acts of kindness: what not better way than to show gratitude than a random act of kindness? Bring someone a coffee. Share a cab. Send a random card. Buy a candy bar for the same homeless man you pass everyday on your way to work. Say thank you more often. It’s up to you, there are a million ways to express kindness!